Junior Store Designers to H&M Group Store Design
Consumer behavior and customer expectations are rapidly changing, and so are we. The competitive landscape is being redrawn and digitalization and sustainability is driving the need to transform and rethink. This presents us with many challenges, but more importantly, with many exciting opportunities.
Would you like to be part of creating a better and more inspiring world through meaningful architecture and design services to all H&M Group brands? Then keep on reading!
Group Store Design delivers architect and design services to several brands globally. Together with our brand partners, we strive to enable meaningful business growth by leading our industry towards more sustainable and relevant architect and design solutions. Our scope includes everything from the creation and conceptualization of retail and non-commercial design concepts, to product and graphic design, to high quality and efficient global roll outs. We are committed to deliver great customer experiences through excellent craftmanship and brand interpretation through strong collaboration and innovative ideas. We are a talented and diverse team of Architects, Interior Designers and Graphic Designers, and we are now looking for more talents to join our great team.
About the role
We are now looking for Junior Store Designers to join us on our future journey. As part of our new team you help us realize store projects all over the world, for several brands, through collaboration with many brilliant colleagues, reflected in high-quality architectural packages and commercial plans based on customer needs and behaviors.
- Effectively conduct project specific research about customer and project objectives, including some analytical tasks connected to brand’s commercial plans
- Create and/or reviews architectural and interior design packages as well as construction documents for various types of projects
- Ensure strong communication with multiple project teams, brands, contractors, consultants, and local H&M Group teams
- Provide guidance and innovative solutions to resolve technical and design challenges when needed
- Follow up your projects and take ownership of analyzing both successes and learnings
Your background and skills
We are looking for an Architect or Interior Designer who wants to be a part of driving the success of H&M Group further. You have an overall understanding of and experience from spatial development, from conceptual work to full scale detailing and a great interest in fashion and retail. You are an open-minded team player who enjoys working in an international environment and have the ability to handle multiple complex projects at the same time. We believe you to be brave in your way of working, you get energy from trying the unfamiliar with an agile mindset and always welcoming the unexpected. You are communicative person with a positive attitude, you take ownership of your work and always give it your best. Most importantly of all, we want you to be you, we encourage diversity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds!
We believe you have:
- Around 2-3 years working experience within the area of architecture, preferably within commercial/retail architecture or interior design with focus on store concept development and/or store design and planning
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree within Architecture or Interior Design
- Good understanding of the various stages of real estate projects, from initiation to completion and follow up, i.e. exploration, negotiation, building of business cases, approval stages, design, ordering and construction
- Ability to prioritize and service multiple projects concurrently
- Strong project management skills, ability to oversee and manage multiple projects in complex environments involving several stakeholders
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Sketch-Up, Enscape, Adobe Suite and AutoCAD, Revit or equivalent program
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel
International working experience or education is meriting.
We offer you a great opportunity of being part of pushing the physical retail experience in a new direction. We offer a creative work environment where culture and values play a big part in everything we do. We enjoy seeing people grow within our company and take a long-term approach to all of our recruitments.
About the recruitment process
These are permanent positions based at our Head Office in central Stockholm, Sweden. The role will include international travels. Responsible Recruiter is Iris Carlström.
If you are interested and feel that your experience, skills, and ambitions are right for this role, please send your application in English (including resume and portfolio) no later than May 11.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We know that diversity is what makes us strong. Our teams should consist of great mix of people that share and combine their knowledge, experiences and ideas. It leads to a positive impact on how we address challenges, what we perceive possible and how we choose to relate to our colleagues and customers all over the world.