Developer - Elasticsearch
For our client we are seeking for a developer to their IoT Cloud (MIC) development team.
MIC is an IoT device and data management platform, based on server less design patterns and runs using AWS managed services.
They have an awesome team today, but for 2021 they need to expand the capacity of the team. MIC is offered to enterprises across the globe and spans traditional and novel connectivity patterns. It has advanced user and permission capabilities, advanced rule engine, rich REST APIs and GraphQL endpoints and a capable and customizable frontend GUI. Examples of MIC customer use cases are connected pumps, ventilations equipment, elevators, tracking devices and avalanche sensors on Svalbard.
You must show systematic and structured way of working and experience in automating upgrades and migration of data due to the large number of ElasticSearch instances.
Ultimately you should have experience of upgrades to ElasticsSearch instances in production, including breaking changes.
Furthermore, you should also help out in the work of streamlining the different ElasticSearch usage patterns they have and suggest alternative store- and retrieval-solutions where applicable.
The Development teams consist of very skilled and senior architects, software engineers, testers, data scientists and data engineers. Teams are a mix of in-house cloud experts and contractors all working tightly together with a one-team approach. With dedication and commitment, the team deliver awesome data-centric solutions and critical business values. The teams are characterized by a truly social, inspirational, vivid and agile culture.
As a person joining the team, you should have the following traits:
• Team player.
• Thriving in an AWS environment.
• Passionate about data and serving business with actionable insights.
• Have an eye for details and a talent to track down data processing inconsistencies.
• Always focusing on security by design.
• Responsible and business oriented.
• Positive and optimistic.
• Proactive and dependable.
• Taking pride in sharing technical know-how and good practice.
• Demonstrating following values in daily work and instill these values in the team. Make It Easy, Keep Promises, Be Inspiring and Be Respectful".
-ElasticSearch migration/upgrade experience of production environments
- Identify queries with breaking changes
- Test, plan and orchestrate upgrade and migration of data.
- IAM roles
- Cloudformation / SAM
- CI, testing, Git-flow, Agile/scrum
- API development
This is a full-time consultancy position in Stockholm.