Main Function / Purpose of Job
Working closely with the Engineering Team (together with OEM and supply base as necessary) to ensure that, from inception, emerging component concepts and designs are inherently tooling / equipment / process feasible and robust, fully accommodating the principle of Design for Manufacture, both in terms of function and life cycle.
To recognise, and work towards, a cost-optimised component / tooling design solution, delivering acceptable and repeatable part quality.
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Degree in the discipline of mechanical engineering, machine or electrical engineering.
- Extensive experience in a toolmaking / process / secondary equipment manufacturing environment, covering manufacturing processes routinely utilised in IAC programmes - conventional injection moulding, twin-shot, back injection, IMD, slush - PU / TPO skin etc.
- Extensive exposure to Automotive Industry methods and approach.
- Fluent English language skills required
- A clear ability to implement timely DFM inputs.
- Flexibility regarding frequent business travel.
- Evidence of managing the detail of time critical programme tooling elements.
- Ability to negotiate - on equal terms - with supplier representatives, regarding both technical and commercial issues.
- Well-developed time management and interpersonal skills.