Associate Media Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Media + Data Science is one of the fastest growing disciplines at AKQA with executive support, a global team, a proprietary trading desk, big data stack, and a wide set of professional tools. With our focuses on programmatic media, search, and negotiated media, we are helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
This role calls for a seasoned digital media professional who can illustrate their digital thinking to develop innovative and effective media strategies. We are looking for either a seasoned supervisor or AMD level staff member – to support the team and report to the account’s Group Media or Account Director(s).
Located in Gothenburg, Sweden, as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Demonstrate expertise in and knowledge of digital advertising, media planning/buying, and industry trends
- Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives, helping to translate into digital objectives and strategies
- Strategize client business solutions
- Build and maintain strong Client relationships, ensuring clear communication, prioritization of work and expectation setting
- Create or contribute to agency thought leadership with POVs on industry trends and other broad, industry focused projects
- Lend guidance & assistance in execution of media plans (effective strategies employed, RFPs development/guidance, Ts & Cs accurately adhered to, flawless execution deployed)
- Contribute to industry trends presentation and client newsletter
- Identify and facilitate potential test & learn opportunities
- Assist teams in building & merchandising relevant case studies of tests and successes
- Work collaboratively with analytics team to break down program results, translate the data, and use it to create internal and external tools and references
- Ensure collaboration and integration among internal and external team members
- Provide leadership and management of team
- Motivate and inspire junior team members.
- Cultivate growth and maximize potential of team
- Drive innovative thinking and knowledge sharing
- Advocate for inclusive knowledge sharing
- Help improve, streamline and optimize existing processes for optimal workflow
- Oversee direct and indirect reports within & ensure successful integration across other AKQA centers of expertise including: Programmatic, Social, Analytics & Search (SEM & SEO)
- Contribute to team environment - comradery & morale
- Support the AKQA position in the marketplace by maintaining high standards and agency policies that impact the publisher community as well as partner agencies
- Keep well-informed of current events, media trends and any target, market, and industry trends that impact business
Qualities and Characteristics
- 7-10 years of relevant media experience (agency experience a plus)
- Successful experience in digital media planning and buying
- Accomplished and fair negotiator, with strong working relationships within the media sales community
- Excellent communication & client management skills
- Strong presenter with ability to generate excitement amongst clients, partners and team
- Innovative, forward thinking problem solver with strong strategic background
- Strong analytical skill set and ability to translate data to media performance
- Traditional planning experience a plus
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of DoubleClick products
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.