Backend Developer - Remote
Who are we, and why are we hiring?
We're based on over 15 years of success, producing world-class video content
and building, developing, and managing a number of high-traffic websites. Our
success is down to Kodify's distinct teamwork,
where each and every one of us plays a key role in getting us one step closer
to our goals. Our award-winning content and websites are created exclusively
by us and directly for the use of millions of users worldwide.
At Kodify, we love tech and are always thinking about
what’s next! R&D and optimizations are part of our spirit. We work hard on
consistently maintaining the highest level of professionalism. The video
streaming industry has been growing a lot since last year and as a result, we
need to expand our team to release the great ideas we’ve in mind.
What will you do?
- You’ll help to evolve a platform that supports close to 100M unique visitors a month.
- NodeJS - Create, maintain and evolve server-side applications
- Responsibility for technical design, development and testing
- Collaborate with Product Owners and domain experts
- Performance - Always work towards minimizing API response times
- Duties - Become an experienced team member, providing feedback about tech, development lifecycle and processes. Take ownership of your code / task / role.
- Goal - Be proud of what you achieve, and of the product, and be one of the driving forces behind always making it better.
Where and when:
From wherever you want, the position is fully remote in the EU.
We’re very flexible about when you get your work done, but we do have some
core hours where we like to overlap in order to promote collaboration and low-
latency communication between team members (10:00 to 15:00 CET).
- Our daily virtual stand-ups are important for us but other than that, you’re free to manage your own time.
What we offer:
- Fully remote position or, if preferred, working in our awesome Barcelona office!
- Agile environment
- Top-notch tech stack!
- Upskill Fridays! Developers take time on Fridays to improve your skills, learn and research new trends that will allow us to level up our stack and processes
- Flexible working hours + core hours!
- 10% on top of your salary for learning and development - of your choice!
- Latest tech equipment - MacBook Pro or Dell XPS
- Company Amazon book account!
- Kodify off-sites, quarterly on-sites, events, and team activities!
- Amazing international team!
- ½ day off on your birthday
- Generous vacation and personal days
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
- Extended parental leave
- Health & Wellness budget
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Experience with the Node.js ecosystem
- Experience of NoSQL databases
- Interest in Docker
- A team player who likes to work with others and find solutions together
- Eagerness and motivation to learn new skills
- Clean code mindset
- Passionate about testing
- You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results-based, not clock-based!
- You love to have fun while you work!
Nice to have:
MongoDB Redis Express Fastify GraphQL Typescript AWS Microservices
architecture Domain Driven Design
Experience in High traffic websites Understanding of Agile principles
Experience with Git and JIRA Experience working remotely We value open