Sibelco is a global leader in material solutions. Sibelco sources, transforms and distributes specialty industrial minerals – particularly silica, clays, feldspathics and olivine – and is a leader in glass recycling. Sibelco’s solutions support the progress of modern life and serve industries as diverse as glass, ceramics, construction, coatings, polymers and water purification. The Sibelco Group operates 114 production sites in 31 countries, with a team of some 5,300 people.
Location: Baskarp, Sweden
Positioning: This role reports to the Business Services Manager, Baskarp, Sweden
Role Purpose: As member of the Country Servicing Business Services Team, this role is responsible for recording accounting information, enter transactions, consolidate and verify accounting records to assess accuracy and compliance and be a key player in the monthly and yearly financial reporting. It is the lead accounting role within a country servicing team.
· Verify accounting records to assess accuracy and compliance
· Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
· Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
· Direct and coordinate the preparation of financial reporting according to IFRS, Sibelco Group reporting and statutory requirements
· Summarize financial status by collecting information; prepare balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
· Provide information to auditors
· Manage and coordinate the annual external audit process
· Prepare VAT and other tax reporting
· Manage tax inspections
· Responsible to verify accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and records
· Ensure proper coding of invoices
· Prepare journal entries
· Checking supporting entries
To be successful in this role you will need to:
· Be able to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Preferably have knowledge with SAP
· Have in depth knowledge of accounting, treasury and tax rules and processes
· Have strong affinity with technology
· Be a quick adaptor to new technology tools and processes
· Able to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
· Have working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
· Be fluent in both written and spoken English and Swedish
· Be a Team player
· Be able to work independently
· Have good time management and attention to detail; and
· Have strong problem-solving skills
· Be diplomatic
· Be self-motivated
· Be performance & action oriented
To Apply: Please click apply to register your information and contact details on the recruitment portal so one of our team can get in touch.
Please note we will not be requiring agency services for this recruitment.
Sibelco recognise the strength of our diverse global workforce and value difference and inclusion for all. Our rich mix of people bring an exciting exchange of ideas and knowledge to keep us moving forward and innovating new solutions. We seek talent of all backgrounds and abilities and continue to develop our leaders and our culture to help all employees to grow and reach their full potential.