Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of HVDC within the Power Systems division in Ludvika. The HVDC technology has been on the market for the past 60 years and is used to transmit power over long distances with minimal losses, using overhead lines, underground and submarine cable systems. Please find out more about our world leading technology at www.abb.com/hvdc.
- Organizing and managing ABB's activities related to installation work and test of the equipment on site, within the field of responsibility related to installation.
- Reporting and giving assistance (within the area of responsibility) to the Site Manager in the planning and coordination of over-all activities.
- Assisting in technical discussions with the customer and the customers consultants.
- Keeping the documentations in order and ensuring that the latest revision is used for the installation works.
- Monitoring and mastering calculated time and cost for the installation work, estimating the final cost and, when ready, ensuring the collection of feed-back and made experiences.
- Working in cooperation with the Site Manager using applicable tools & safety guidelines.
- Assuring correct handling, storage & installation of delivered equipment according to manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Organizing and managing the installation group on site.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Minimum three years’ experience as Installation Supervisor.
- Experience in installation-work in plants of different sizes, complexities and technologies.
- Knowledge in our products.
- Great interpersonal skills, learning focus and flexibility.
- Proficiency in English is a must, whereas additional languages are a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel – far, often and on short notice.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Recruiting Manager (Björn Lindberg, +46730258525) will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives: Sveriges Ingenjörer: Torbjörn Wilund +46 240 78 25 73, Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 240 78 29 12; Unionen: Stefan Barkman +46 240 78 33 04.
All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner (Elias Ströberg, +46722044374).