Senior Backend Cloud Engineer (Java)
At Nets, you’ll develop in a fast-growing tech company in a high-paced, high-impact market. Working to change the future of payments, it’s not just skills and motivation that gets the job done, it’s the full package that makes the difference. Together, we impact the lives of everyone around us by powering an easier tomorrow for every citizen, bank, business and colleague. What powers you at work?
This role can be located in Sweden, Denmark, Norway or Finland.
As a backend Java developer, you will work within the green field, Azure based, next generation payment processing system at Nets a specific problem space critical to Nets' current needs where you will design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability and low latency.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate and grow in an innovative and autonomous environment while working in small, agile and cross functional teams
- Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Be part of a team that will take full operational responsibility for the services that you own, and potentially take part in an on-call rotation
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while enabling the team evolve best practices
Some of the tech and patterns you will use:
- Java Spring Boot
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Microservices architecture
- Cqrs and event sourcing
- MongoDB and Cosmos
- Experience with RESTful APIs and commercial product development
- Experience with Agile/XP practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
What we are looking for:
- Extensive software development experience with general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Java
- Great problem solving abilities
- Working proficiency in English
As a person, you are collaborative and you care about quality and your colleagues as much as your technical toolbox.
What ́s in for you?
Relay at Nets is a hub for innovation and green field work at Nets. We are a meritocracy where the best ideas win, people are given a chance to try new things and fail on their way to success.
Culture - You'll work with a diverse crowd of people from 20 different countries based in our offices around Europe and your home office.
Operational independence - We are the tip of the spear for innovation at Nets and you will have high visibility and high impact here at Nets.
Education - We are an environment where we emphasize knowledge sharing, education, conferences and internal technical talks.
Wide reach - Nets has targets for what it wants to achieve in the next 5 years. To get there we will provide opportunities for travel across Europe to other Net's offices in Stockholm, Berlin, Milan, Oslo and more.