Backend Software Engineer
Founded in 2011, Billhop is a technology company on a mission to continuously develop great products.
We are active in the exciting intersection of card payments, banking infrastructure and a lot of API’s. With a proven demand for the product, we are now in an expansive phase and are growing our tech department.
This is your chance to join Billhop’s software engineering team, winners of the Deloitte Digital “Most Disruptive Innovation Award” 2020.
You will be developing new features and applications as well as improving and maintaining our current platform. Common tasks will be: defining sub-APIs for our microservices, implementing those APIs, integrating towards third party services or manage large amounts of data available for our internal use. The bottom line is – you’ll be coding a lot, which we hope makes you feel excited and happy!
Our infrastructure is based on a Kubernetes cluster with a Pub/Sub running through a dozen of Node-based micro services talking REST. Our front end applications are written in React and everything is hosted on GCP. We are happy with our setup, but never content and never finished. We are always looking for new stuff to learn and better ways to overcome our challenges.
What you bring:
We hope that you are as passionate about software and solving interesting problems as we are. You simply can't wait to start coding and to contribute to a great product that not only works, but also makes you proud. You want to be part of a company in an expansive phase and you are comfortable with discussing complex technical problems with your team.
To succeed in this role, we also think you need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience from professional backend development, primarily using Node
- Experience from development of production grade scalable applications
- You preferably also know a little bit about databases, Docker and Kubernetes
What we offer
- Work in a friendly environment, with approachable colleagues and stimulating challenges
- An organization with a flat hierarchy and possibility to impact the business and processes from day one
- Career development in a fast-growing company
- Competitive remuneration and perks
We have high ambitions and people that are passionate about what they do. Everyone digs in and makes the most of every day. We discuss, share and learn from each other. Does this sound like you? We would love for you to join our team!