Develop for millions!
With 2.8 million unique visitors a week, Hemnet is many Swedes' favorite place online. Here people find joy, inspiration and – most important - their new homes. As a Developer at Hemnet you will face fun challenges when developing ideas for products affecting people's lives in a positive way.
Initiate discussions and make design decisions
With us, you’ll be involved in developing web applications in one of our seven product development teams. The teams at Hemnet are self-propelled and cross-functional, which means that you’ll be a part of the entire product development cycle. You’ll have a great deal of involvement in the development of Hemnet's products and services - everything from taking quick design decisions to running your own initiatives.
We work data-driven in close collaboration with each other- exploring small things, test and iterate. We validate against real data so we don't have to waste time and instead learn a lot of new insights.
Here's what you’ll do at Hemnet:
- Be an important part of a team with joint product responsibility - together we bring the product forward.
- Take quick decisions with an experimental approach.
- Be involved in the whole cycle of the product - from idea/vision to production, and from implementation to support.
- Write tests for your applications and do your own deployments to our staging and production environments in AWS.
- Work closely with product managers and other roles within UX design, user research, data analysis and backend.
- Be part of an agile team where retros, sprints, demos and continuous delivery are part of the everyday work life.
- Have a great work-life balance, good pension, healthcare benefit, etc.
What we want from you:
- Having an understanding of the challenges of managing a larger website with many visitors, a large amount of data and swift changes in structure and content.
- Being a solid backend developer who aren't afraid of writing som frontend code when needed.
- Sharing knowledge and contribute to discussions around technologies and your projects.
- Taking part in product development.
- be atrue team player.
Technologies we work with (something you can impact, ofc)
- Ruby (on Rails)
As one of our 30 developers ...
… You’ll release daily. What you build in the morning can be in production for our millions of visitors already after lunch. Thanks to our large amount of traffic, we quickly get good feedback from experiments. The possibilities are great, you get the chance to test and learn new things and we solve challenges together.
We do, of course, have developer breakfasts, hack days and trainings to help you try out new technology and grow in your role.
If you think it is exciting to join and take Sweden's largest housing portal to the next step - do not hesitate to send your application away.