Backend Developer to Alex Therapeutics
Do you want to make a positive impact on the world? Alex Therapeutics builds AI-powered apps that help people break free from bad habits and into better mental health. They are looking for a Backend Developer who want's to become a core member of the tech team and take on a broad set of responsibilities. This is a unique opportunity to become an important team member of a startup with huge growth potential and to join the adventure that lies ahead!
ABOUT ALEX THERAPEUTICS
Alex Therapeutics AB or “Alex” is a for-profit Stockholm based AI & psychology startup developing next generation digital therapeutics. The company was founded in 2018 and is currently run by a mixed team of seven people with expertise in product development, psychology, business and AI. They have recently closed partnership deals with a couple of international pharmaceutical companies and are now ready to grow!
Their first product is a mobile consumer app for Android and iOS called Alex AI - Quit Smoking where the users can track their triggers, get personalized support, and learn about their own psychology to quit smoking and remain smoke free. Smoking was the first unwanted habit they targeted, but they are now expanding their platform to launch new apps and help people with other health issues. This is where you come in!
YOU ARE OFFERED
- Working in a fast-paced and fast-growing startup where your work will have a large impact on the company and a positive impact on the world
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work remotely partially
- Opportunity to grow as a developer together with the company
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Backend Developer, your primary responsibility will be to work on their Java Spring Boot API, developing new features and scaling their services together with Alex's three developers. You should also expect to chip in and help with dev-ops (AWS) and their Python-powered AI service. They don't expect you to be an expert in all these areas and the team will give you plenty of support to develop your skill set further.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, or equivalent working experience
- Strong proficiency in at least one programming language
- All-round skill set for backend software development (databases, REST APIs, object-oriented code design, git, etc.)
- Fluent in English
IT'S AN ADVANTAGE IF YOU HAVE
- Knowledge of the specific backend technologies at Alex (Spring Boot API, AWS devops, Scikit-learn)
- Experience with the following tools: docker, IntelliJ, AWS CDK
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with data analysis
AS A PERSON YOU ARE
- A great team player
- A strong problem solver, no task is too big or too small for you
- Enthusiastic and like testing new things
- Location: Upplandsgatan 7, Stockholm
- Work extent: Full-time
- Assignment: Permanent employment
- Website: alextherapeutics.com
Find gigs, hire talent and run projects with Gigstr - the network of professionals who love brands, growth and innovation.