Stockholm Stream offers you an opportunity to further develop our unique state of the art system Delta, a platform that makes it easy to deliver or ingest assets for VOD-platforms (Video On Demand). We are looking for a senior developer who can take a technical lead of the development.
We are developing a product in the technical domain which is under a change, not just the technology is changing but also the business is under change. Therefore we have to build solutions for the immediate need but also look into the horizon to see what coming next so we are not going into a deadend.
To lead the development of the Delta product you have to take on the challenges to find the right level of ambition for the projects. Dealing with the priority between time, cost and quality.
The technical lead role
You will join our small and experienced team and further develop our system and tools for the growing VOD industry. You will use your experience from earlier projects and together with the team specify the solutions, define tasks, do estimations. Your will help out with the coding to be fully involved in the coding process but first priority will be that the dev teams fully potential are utilized. You will secure the quality so new versions going out on production servers not are failing and are easy to support.
In your Tech lead role you will together with the team define the best suitable technology, for a given solution. Since we both are working with light information where REST api works fine with sessions in milliseconds and with large video files where transfer or process can be running in hours you have to deal with different approaches to solve the tasks. We integrate with other systems which many times have an older technology. Therefore you will come across a number of different technical solutions.
We think that you love to work together with team members in a fast paced and rapidly changing business.
- Several years as senior developer.
- Good levels of communication. Both written and verbal in English
- Have the skill to assess customers requirements and create a technical specification for the dev team.
- Project management skills to manage the dev team to deliver solutions within targeted budget and deadlines.
- C# • NET core
- Entity framework
- Rest API
- Identity server
- AWS services with good understanding S3 buckets and S3 protocol. Environment with both EC2 servers and containers
- Continuous Integration, CI-systems. We use Gitlab today.
- Logging frameworks and central logging. We use Serielog and Datadog today.
- Product development within a startup company.
- Development in React
- Video transcoding, ffmpg, Mp4Box, Elemental.
- Subtitles formats for video
- Video streaming formats like Dash, HLS, Smooth
- VOD Content delivery formats like Cable labs, MovieLabs
- AI/ML analysis of video for finding text, black screens, faces.
- Speech to text for creating subtitles.
To apply for working in a unique company, in the VOD industry, please send your application to: email@example.com
If you’re interested and just want to have a chat and hear more about us, please call Patrik Littmann (Co-founder), phone 0733-66 35 30.