Backend Developer - Hemnet's sellers experience
Hemnet is many Swedes' favorite place online. Here people find joy, inspiration and – most important - their new homes. As a Developer at Hemnet you will face fun challenges when developing ideas for products affecting people's lives in a positive way.
Team Sellers Experience
With us, you’ll be involved in developing web applications in one of our six product development teams. This team, Sellers Experience, is responsible for our property sellers’ experience- the products we develop for people selling their properties at Hemnet. Examples of this are payment solutions, our different ad packages, price calculation, providing data to property sellers etc. In this role you’ll build new stuff crucial for Hemnet’s continued success.
Software development at Hemnet
The teams at Hemnet are self-propelled and cross-functional, which means that you’ll be a part of the entire product development cycle. We work data-driven in close collaboration with each other- exploring small things, test and iterate. We validate against real data so we don't have to waste time and instead learn a lot of new insights. Our millions of users give us quick feedback on what we build. Yeam sellers Experience consists of frontend developers, backend developers, one digital analyst, one UX/UI designer, one conversion rate optimization specialist, product manager and an agile development manager. You will:
- Be an important part of a cross-functional team with joint product responsibility - together we bring the product forward.
- Take quick decisions with an experimental approach.
- Be involved in the whole cycle of the product - from idea/vision to production, and from implementation to support.
- Be part of an agile team where retros, sprints, demos and continuous delivery are part of the everyday work life.
- Work in a friendly and caring company culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the company's agenda.
What we want from you:
- Being a TDD advocate.
- Sharing knowledge and contribute to discussions around technologies and your projects.
The team’s stack:
- Ruby (Rails)
How team sellers experience is working during the Corona pandemic
The team will work remotely at least until the end of this year. It is possible to work from the office but the team mainly works from home with daily meetings to plan the work for the day. Pair- or mob-programming is used from time to time to collaborate and share knowledge. We have daily fikas set up online and once a week a team activity. Tools we use to collaborate remotely are Trello, Miro and Meet.
We look forward to reading your application!
Read more about working with software development at Hemnet here: