Development Engineer - Diagnostic Validation
Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment. We strongly believe that high performance comes from having fun at work and the courage to think outside the box. It is our people that make the difference!
We are looking for an experienced diagnostics engineer for our development projects.
In this role you will:
- Together with the teams, be responsible for diagnostic validation strategies.
- Be responsible of performing complete system diagnostics validation to meet project requirements and contribute to product robustness and customer uptime.
- Contribute to develop diagnostics readout analyzing tools for production follow-up.
- Lead processes, Ways of Working, best practices development for efficient cross-functional coordination of OBD related validation activities.
- Work closely with our system architects, function developers, engine calibration engineers, field test department, partners and aftermarket method engineers.
This job opportunity is unique with its responsibility, possibility, and privilege to build our diagnostics competence within the Engine Development & Calibration organization.
The position offers excellent opportunities for you to use your own initiative and to carry out continuous improvements to the operation by setting the future way of working for Volvo Penta.
Who are you?
To qualify for this role you should have:
- More than 5 years of experience from diagnostics work (test/fault injection, calibration, function development), from vehicle/vessel propulsion, fuel cell or electrical power distribution systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analyzing and communication skills.
- General technical interest and curiosity: Volvo Penta’s product portfolio covers everything from heavy duty on-road, off-road, genset to marine commercial and leisure applications!
Are you recognizing yourself in our description? We would love to meet you! Send in your application and take your next step in your career with us.
For further information, please contact:
Manager Andreas Samson +46 31 322 42 96
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
- Civilingenjör, konstruktion, maskin (107)
- Civilingenjör, maskin (93)
- Automationsingenjör, maskin (71)
- Civilingenjör, produktion, maskin (55)
- Civilingenjör, tillverkningsindustri (54)
- Flygingenjör (46)
- Civilingenjör, energi (41)
- Utvecklingsingenjör, maskin (36)
- Processingenjör, maskin (33)
- Utvecklingsingenjör, tillverkningsindustri (22)
- Civilingenjör, farkostteknik (20)
- Provningsingenjör, maskin (19)
- Projekteringsingenjör, maskin (11)
- Driftingenjör, maskin (7)
- Svetsingenjör (3)
- Fartygskonstruktör (2)
- Forskningsingenjör, maskin (2)
- Civilingenjör, VVS (1)