Engineer programming and communication
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Xylem’s Europe business is a $1.3B revenue region supporting all Xylem segments and growth centers. It also houses key manufacturing units that supply products to Xylem globally, key research & development centers, and other critical support functions for Xylem globally.
Xylem WI has the objective to move towards more digitalized and connected products. This requires continuous verification and updating of software in supporting systems.
Challenging plans for localization of products to Emerging Markets will increase the need for support to make necessary adjustments to local systems when needed.
The Engineer Programming and Communication will be part of the team with Product Coordinators and Project Managers and involved in both development of new products and localization activities.
- Participate in projects for development of new products that include software development, manage subset of activities related to validating interfaces to systems used in production.
- When needed make necessary changes to systems used in production.
- Actively work with SW release plan to initiate activities in a timely manner.
- Work with validation of processes when new hardware or software is introduced.
- Support manufacturing engineers in production with problem solving when needed.
- Completion of operations related activities in product development projects.
- Validation of processes when new hardware or software is introduced, in particular communication with other systems in production.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree or equivalent experience/knowledge in programming.
- Good knowledge of Modbus communication
- Knowledge of M2M communication
- Good knowledge of Python programming
- Knowledge of VB.NET och C#.
- Experience from PLC-programming is an advantage
- Knowledge of IoT technology
- Knowledge of applying mechatronics in production
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good analytical skills
- Continuos Improvement mindset
- Ability to read and speak Swedish is an advantage
- Ability to cooperate.
- Passionate about driving change and improvements.
- Analytical ability.
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures.
- Capable of working closely with internal stakeholders.
- Willing and flexible to accept new challenges.
- Shall in a professional way represent Xylem and always act in accordance to Xylem Code of Conduct.
- Service minded.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Conditions and information
If you have any questions, please contact Christian Ljung, Director of Design for Manufacturing & Localization, 0471-24 7289 or Daniel Långberg, Corporate Recruiter, 070-8227457
Please note that we only accept applications via our online tool.
The representative of the Swedish Union of Unions is Kenneth Philipsson, the representative of the Swedish Engineers/Akademics is Jenny Johansson, 0471-24 70 00.