Software Development Engineer III
Who we are:
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery - every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group (DTC) is a technology company within Discovery that is responsible for building a global streaming video platform to support a broad collection of Discovery's diverse brands around the world including Discovery, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science Channel, HGTV, Eurosport, Motor Trend, and many more.
We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, video transcoding, personalization to global subscriptions, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications.
About the team - Search
Searching in Discovery is not only about helping users to find their shows, movies or sports events. It’s about anticipation. We are working to bring the search experience to a completely new level. In order to do this, we have a strong orientation to personalization, implementing machine learning technologies to classify, group, recommend and sort our user preferences. This way, we can give you what you want before you even know what you are searching for.
If you are curious about concepts like scoring, relevance models, clustering, classification, recommendations, events processing and backend development in a distributed and microservices-oriented environment, then this could be the place for you!
Who are you
You influence your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs by sharing your perspectives. You are an enthusiastic team member that makes other engineers around you more productive by sharing your knowledge and helping to tie-break key technical decisions.
At discovery+, you build it, own it, and release what you create. This connects you with your personal and technical development. We have an exciting year in front of us with international expansions and huge sporting events such as Allsvenskan and the Olympics. These services supply all Discovery's users worldwide and allow them to watch all our amazing and diverse content.
- Enthusiastic about new and emerging technologies
- Proficient in Java
- Persistence and caching solutions such as PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Caffeine.
- Understanding of DynamoDB
- Micro-service based architectures using gRPC and Kafka/Kinesis for interservice communication.
- Asynchronous, non-blocking, functional style of programming and experience implementing with frameworks such as Spring WebFlux, Spring boot, Node.js, Vertex
- Usage and deep understanding of AWS (for example S3, RDS, Lambda, Kubernetes, Docker, SNS, Personalize)
- Experience in building, operating, and truly owning services. Implementing alerting, metrics, and logging using Prometheus, CloudWatch, Kibana, PagerDuty.
Sounds interesting? Don’t hesitate to apply!
Backend utvecklare Göteborg
Backend utvecklare Göteborg