Backend Developer - Team Agent Products
Hemnet has 65 million monthly visits. Here people find joy, inspiration and – most important - their new homes. As a Developer at Hemnet you will face fun challenges when developing ideas for products affecting people's lives in a positive way.
Team Agent Products
With us, you’ll be involved in developing web applications in one of our seven product development teams. This team, Agent Products, provides products and tools for the property agents. The mission is to give agents the best possible conditions to make successful property transactions and reach new customers.
Today, the team consists of five developers, one UX designer and one Product Manager working closely together to continuously deliver smart and valuable solutions to our customers.
Some examples of what we do:
- Bring insights to real estate offices and agents about their local market and performance.
- Help agents to market themselves on Hemnet, find more business opportunities and reach new customers.
- Maintain and improve Hemnet’s customer portal, where the agents facilitate listings, buy products and more.
- Cross-collaboration with all other development teams on Hemnet.
Software development at Hemnet
The teams at Hemnet are self-propelled and cross-functional, which means that you’ll be part of the entire product development cycle. We work data-driven in close collaboration with each other - exploring, testing and iterating. We validate against real data and learn from new insights. As a developer in our team you will:
- Be part of a cross-functional, agile product team consisting of product developers and an UX/UI designer.
- Be a part of the whole development process, from engaging in discovery workshops to find user-friendly solutions, to implementing features (in a structured, readable, and maintainable way), and following up on the data to evaluate success.
- Drive technical architectural improvements together with the team and the rest of the development department.
- Be part of a team where continuous improvement and continuous delivery are part of everyday work life.
- Work in a friendly and caring company culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the company's agenda.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Are a seasoned backend developer having experience of working in agile teams across the whole product development cycle.
- Have experience working with system design, architecture and automated tests.
- Always strive for good collaboration and communication in the team.
- Shares knowledge and is transparent with her/his work
A peek at our tech stack:
- Ruby (Rails)
Way of working after the pandemic:
All employees at Hemnet will have the possibility to work from the office in the central parts of Stockholm. We will also have the opportunity to work the majority of the time from home.
As one of our ~ 35 developers…
... you'll have an audience of several million users. Having this much traffic allows us to run efficient user testing where we often get results within a couple of days.
We share and develop our knowledge through breakfast discussions, lab weeks, brown bag lunches, and training to help you grow in your role.
If this sounds interesting and you want to join Sweden's largest property portal and take it to the next level - send us your application today and let’s talk more!
Read more about working with software development at Hemnet here:
Please note - during the summer months we do have some people involved in the hiring process off on vacation leave. This means that we might not be able to get back to you before the second week of August, but please send your application already today. We look forward to reading it.
Back-end developer to expanding company