Site Learning and Development Leader
Be part of something altogether life - changing
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life - saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working o n challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
What you'll do
This position is designed to provide leadership in learning & development for the BioPharma Operations team with a focus on activities at Uppsala site with additional opportunities to drive global improvements. Be part of a growing business, in a great opportunity for an experienced facilitator with practical operations skills, and a passion for developing front-line leaders in a LEAN manufacturing environment. The Site Learning & Development Leader will be responsible for delivering skill based, technical and developmental training experiences to support the current and long-term needs of the organization. This individual will lead and support projects related to learning & development through a variety of methods to increase participant effectiveness.
- Act as a single point of contact for Learning & Development, for site functions in Uppsala: GSC, R&D, CBS, Product Management, QA. EHS etc. Proving associates the necessary information in regard to site related learning and development requirements and opportunities, in line with the local, regional and global learning & development strategy.
- Drive increased life science industry education for all Uppsala teams.
- Understand the Global Cytiva L&D strategy and the local requirements to aid implementation of this strategy.
- Work closely with the Regional L&D leads to agree strategy, roadmap, and training standards.
- Form relationships with key stakeholders, including subject matter experts, and the wider organization to execute needs and strategy of the business.
- Establish a local Learning & Development operating mechanism working with site & regional stakeholders.
- Identify gaps in learnng / expectations of associates and leaders and collaborate with stakeholders to identify and implement training and development opportunities.
- Identify / create and facilitate material for Cytiva Learning LMS.
- Adapt the developed learning curriculum to meet the local business needs and excite participants, to include, on-boarding, leadership development, talent development and key application skills programmes.
- Embrace and deliver local requirements for different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching.
- Identify / create and facilitate material to improve interpersonal skills for site leaders and associates.
- Utilize and develop tools to improve problem solving skillsets for all site associates.
- Implement and manage the structured onboarding for site team members, providing them with a solid foundation and knowledge of the business, processes, and culture.
- Support site leader in maximizing the development of all teams through aligning learning objectives with the correct development opportunity.
- Devise and track appropriate performance metrics.
- Maintain a solid external network and keep up to date with L&D best practices and new technologies.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in a related field (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of related experience)
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in training, development, or facilitation.
- High standard of communication, both verbal and written
- Business level Swedish & English
- Able to work in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders. Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Solid Influencing skills - excellent interpersonal, consulting and engagement skills
- Ability to plan and manage a range of priorities, and deliver projects to deadline, within an agreed/defined standard
- Foundation knowledge of operations environments.
- Self-starter, with a proactive attitude, able to identify new and creative solutions to business challenges
- Able to work under minimum supervision, in line with company’s standards
- Experience working / leading in Lean manufacturing environments
- Experience creating & deploying training and leadership development programs
- Certification as a trainer and/or coach
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you’ll feel right at home here. If you’re flexible, curious and relentless, you’ll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Want to know more? Take a look at our Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn pages! Selection and interviews will happen continuously and the last day to apply will be the 16th of August.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 68,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated lead ers, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where every one feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible. If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.