Backend Engineer - Ruby
Joint Academy is a global leader in delivering digital treatment for chronic joint pain, connecting patients with licensed Physical Therapists. Backed by science, our treatment is based on a clinically validated face-to-face treatment and includes individualized exercises, interactive education and tracking tools. The intersection of digital treatment and data science opens up to new possibilities of treating patients in a sustainable and more personal way, while reducing pain and improving quality of life.
Our tech department consists of 50+ developers aiming for creating a scalable and user friendly tech platform which can easily be released in several countries with great patient value. We balance the fast pace required in a startup with continual investment in frameworks, tools and practices to keep our platform healthy in the long term. The tech team will continue to grow the coming year.
What You'll Do
- Join a cross functional team of dedicated and skilled software professionals building a cutting-edge e-health platform
- Design and implement systems and APIs that deliver digital treatment to thousands of patients
- Write efficient code to support complex business requirements, meeting the demands of various markets, payment structures, and regulations
- Test your code using a range of tools and strategies, such as unit, integration, and property-based testing frameworks
Who are you?
We are looking for a true backend generalist. You probably have deep expertise in several areas, but you are also able to learn whatever is needed to get the job done. You will work in a cross-functional team and collaborate closely with product managers, designers and developers.
You probably have a passion for backend and database technologies, but you are also able to learn whatever is needed to get the job done. Here are a few of the technologies we are relying on at the moment: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, GraphQL.
Some key points:
- You have 2+ years of professional software development experience
- You take pride in your work and believe that high quality code pays off both in the long and short term
- You thrive on the exchange of ideas and criticism, and can both take and give feedback in a friendly atmosphere without prestige getting in the way
- You have strong communication skills. Along with great technical solutions, you create great documentation and written guidelines
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Experience working with the advanced features of relational databases is a plus
- You hold a permanent Swedish job permit. It's an advantage if you are based in the Skåne region, but we could be open for remote work within Sweden
- You will work with something meaningful and a product that has a positive impact on many people's lives globally
- You will have the opportunity to work with a unique mix of people with different expertise, including leading academic scientists, medical professionals and experienced product developers
- 30 days paid vacation
- Pension and insurance package
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness contribution and workout during working hours
- Weekly techatons and a budget for competence development
- Modern office in Malmö with great views of the city, only 400 meters from Malmö central station - or work remotely in the comfort of your own home