Senior Java Developer - Örebro
At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available across Europe and the US attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and offices in Barcelona, Spain; Cologne, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; Lisbon, Portugal; London, UK; Örebro, Sweden; Redwood City, US; Sliema, Malta; and Vitória, Brazil. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Tech at Trustly:
The Tech team is one of the fastest-growing teams in the company. We are currently about 115 people and are divided into 20 engineering teams.
About the role:
At Trustly we believe that teamwork and knowledge sharing is key while working within an agile environment. We make sure to have a good balance between work and having fun as well as an open-minded approach where we celebrate success and learn from mistakes. As a senior developer, you will have a key role in building our next-generation system platform.
What you'll do:
- Develop and build scalable systems together with our java and database developers.
- Work with CI/CD as a standard practise and create development guidelines.
- As a senior developer at Trustly you will also be a part of coaching and mentoring other developers as well as help define best practices for software development.
- You will be part of introducing new frameworks and technologies into our tech stack.
Who you are:
- Several years as a Java developer with experience in building robust, scalable systems from the ground up.
- Comfortable with taking a full life cycle responsibility. Contributing to high level design and architecture and implementing and supporting it. Being able to explain it and motivate design choices to developers and less technical staff.
- Good knowledge in service based architecture and Microservices.
- Experience in evaluating and selecting open source tools and libraries.
- Excellent understanding of the problems with developing secure and robust applications in a SOA.
- Experience of software testing, test automation and contract driven development.