We are a team of researchers, software developers, designers and other professionals creating a digital treatment for one of the world's most common ailments: osteoarthritis (OA). Our platform connects patients with trained physiotherapists, and gives them access to education and an individualized daily schedule of exercises. Everything we do is based on world-class science, and the effectiveness of our treatment has been validated by several peer-reviewed studies. Joint Academy fundamentally changes OA treatment by delivering an evidence-based, scalable and cost-effective online solution. On the technical side, we balance the fast pace required in a startup with continual investment in frameworks, tools and practices to keep our platform healthy in the long term.
One of our current focus areas is to transition from an MVC-style backend to a database-centric architecture (aka "thick database"). The idea is to rely on advanced and time-tested database features for authorization, data transformation and transactions rather than re-creating them in complex backend systems. As a flexible but minimal interface for clients, we serve a GraphQL API through PostGraphile.
What You'll Do
- Join a team of dedicated and skilled software professionals building a cutting-edge e-health platform
- Design and implement systems and APIs that deliver digital treatment to thousands of patients
- Write efficient code to support complex business requirements, meeting the demands of various markets, payment structures, and regulations
- Test your code using a range of tools and strategies, such as unit, integration, and property-based testing frameworks
We are looking for a true generalist. You probably have deep expertise in several areas, but you are also able to learn whatever is needed to get the job done. Here are a few of the technologies we are relying on at the moment: Docker, Elasticsearch/ELK, Ruby, Python, Postgres, SQL, pl/pgSQL, Redis, PostGraphile, GraphQL, Node.js. Some key points:
- You have 2+ years of professional software development experience
- You take pride in your work and believe that high quality code pays off both in the long and short term
- You thrive on the exchange of ideas and criticism, and can both take and give feedback in a friendly atmosphere without prestige getting in the way
- You have strong communication skills. Along with great technical solutions, you create great documentation and written guidelines
- You like working with the advanced features of relational databases
- We are open for remote work, but you have to hold a permanent Swedish work permit
Some benefits worth mentioning:
- You will work with something meaningful and help to improve the life quality of our patients every day
- You will have the opportunity to work with a unique mix of people with different expertise, including leading academic scientists, medical professionals and experienced product developers
- 30 days paid vacation
- Pension and insurance package
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness contribution and workout during working hours
- Modern office in Malmö with great views of the city, only 400 meters from Malmö central station
The position might be filled before the last application date, so don't wait with sending in your application!