Forest Asset Controller
We are looking for a Forest Asset Controller to our finance team in Falun, Sweden. You will be working in the Forest Division and you will report to the VP of Wood Supply & Group Forest Controlling.
Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper. Come grow a renewable world. And you will grow too.
Your main responsibilities will be:
· Compiling Forest Asset valuation calculations for external reporting
· Coordinating long term harvesting planning and forest inventory reporting for valuation purposes
· Coordinating market transaction data sourcing and structural alignment with own forest parameters for valuation purposes
· Updating selected valuation parameters for internal follow-up quarterly
· Counting and reporting monthly fair value-based P&L and operating capital effective items
· Benchmarking valuation processes and forestry KPIs with internal Forest Asset units
· Analysing Forest Asset values and forestry KPIs reported by the peer companies.
What We Offer
This is a great opportunity for stepping into a key position in one of the biggest forest owners with high sustainability ambitions. Stora Enso’s forestry network is wide providing further career development options.
Required competencies and supporting working experience for this position:
· Financial or forestry master’s degree
· Experience in financial and forestry reporting and analysis
· Good understanding of IFRS reporting requirements
· Fluent English language skills required, and Swedish language skills preferred
· Experience in financial reporting applications and standard office IT-tools
· Analytical skills combined with capability to produce results from team work
· International working experience
· Experience in Forest Asset related development projects, trading, audit and valuation makes take-over of the position responsibilities faster.
We work with the recruitment process on an ongoing basis, so apply as soon as possible, but no later than 17th of January 2021.
Hiring manager Markku Karhunen, +358 40 501 65 07, Markku.Karhunen@storaenso.com, is happy to answer your questions about the position. Other questions can be directed to Recruitment Specialist Jessica Barse, Jessica.Barse@storaenso.com. We accept applications submitted only through our recruitment system.
The new Forest division, which started operations in the beginning of 2020, includes Stora Enso's Swedish forest assets and the 41% share of Tornator with the majority of its forest assets located in Finland. The division also includes wood supply operations in Finland, Sweden, Russia and the Baltic countries. The division's key focus areas are sustainable forest management, competitive wood supply to Stora Enso's mills and innovation. As a major player in the bioeconomy, access to wood is critical for Stora Enso. Today, Stora Enso is one of the biggest private forest owners in the world.
See our film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUElPYaxgqs&t=6s