Student Worker - Project Coordinator
Do you have solid coordination and communication skills and thrive in dynamic environments with large projects? Are you currently finishing your studies within engineering or a commercial field? As a Student Worker in the Project Coordination team at Vestas you get to work in a global team of truly motivated people supporting the Construction Department.
SBU NCE > Project Coordination NCE North > Project Suport SE
Vestas Northern and Central Europe is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, UK, Ireland, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and South Africa. We are responsible for sales, project, installation and service of wind farms throughout these regions. We strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas Northern and Central Europe the best place to work.
Construction is responsible for installation, commission and finally handover of wind farms to the client. Working closely together with the client and other stakeholders is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, efficiently and with a high-quality standard.
A Project Coordinator is actively supporting the Project Manager and Site Manager in ensuring wind turbine installation projects are planned and implemented within the scope of the contract, on time and within budget. Besides this general supporting role, the Project Coordinator ensures that goods and services are ordered in time and the project documentation is delivered to meet customer demands. Key functions are liaising with internal (Engineering, Sales, Service) and external (authorities, customers, suppliers) stakeholders.
As a Student Worker (f/m/d) for the Project Coordination team, you are actively assisting the Project Coordinators in their work, supporting the Project Manager and Site Manager.
Your tasks will include:
- Ordering of materials and services for the windfarm, follow up on purchase orders and deliveries incl. communication with external suppliers
- Supporting Regional Procurement Organisation in processing incoming invoices
- Customer invoicing based on project progress and contractual agreements
- Active and independent support of Project Coordinator, Project Manager and Site Manager in organising, carrying out financially settling projects
- Data Maintenance in SAP and other platforms
- Preparation of documentation needed on site for the turbine installation
On the professional side, we believe you are/have:
- Studying within a science, engineering or commercial field at university level
- Some related work experience
- Fluent English language skills in writing and speaking
- Good skills in MS Office
- Experience in SAP is an advantage
- Nordic language skills is an advantage
On the personal level, we believe you are a communicative team player who thrives in innovative environments, supporting other functions.
Furthermore, we believe you have/are:
- Good coordination skills
- Structured, investigative and good attention to detail
- A positive mindset, also in situations where unexpected things challenges the plan
- Not afraid to reach out to people
What we offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy and provide quality solutions to our customers. You will work in an open and flexible environment with skilled and positive colleagues who are prepared to support when needed. By joining Vestas, you will have the opportunity to develop a career with a leading wind power company within an exciting and growing industry.
The position is a temporary role starting according to agreement, lasting until 31st of December 2021.
The scope is 50% and schedule is according to agreement.
Work location is Malmö.
Last day of application is 6th of October.
For additional information about the position, please contact Recruiter Elin Holm in Malmö, Sweden at +46 73 073 99 03.