Backend Developer Mobile
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. Our games are played everywhere in the world and on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s) and support multiple business models (digital downloads, premium content, free to play, subscriptions).
What we are looking for….
We’re seeking a Backend Software Engineer! We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Backend Developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The Backend Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
To succeed as a Backend Developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
Joining us means being part of a team with the passion and inherent drive to create innovative, high-performing games. We are intellectually curious and excited about the latest game development innovations. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial environment that embraces new and different ideas. Everyone here is excited about creating the best mobile game possible, and we empower one another to learn and grow from our collective experiences. All of this means more chances for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Hands-on scoping, development and implementation of all back-end functions for our mobile games.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with Java.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum).
- Strong debugging skills and fluent in reading code.
- Previous experience in working within multicultural and distributed/ remote teams will be a great plus.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At EA we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross-fit to name a few) and healthcare allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with an occupational pension.