Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform that empowers entrepreneurs all around the world to build and grow their businesses. Our engineering teams are building at scale and shaping the future of commerce.
The Stockholm team works on Shop- the new shopping assistant app helping the world #Shopbetter in every way. From real-time order tracking to accurate delivery updates, Shop offers visibility and peace of mind in one place. When users follow shops, Shop provides a personalized interface and spam-free recommendations for a better shopping experience. With support from our partner, Pachama and funding from the Shopify Sustainability fund, Shop offsets the carbon emissions from every Shop Pay delivery at no cost to our users.
The team, of 55 across Toronto, Montreal and Stockholm, operates like a start up within an established company. Leadership team decides on key themes and teams get assigned to it. Then it's up to the team to solve the problem - means working closely with Engineering, Data, UX and PMs. Independent teams, with flexibility to make their own decisions and work autonomously. We share our work with the rest of the team during Friday demos.
At Shopify, you’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business. To learn more about Shopify's engineering teams, check out our blog and the ways we've contributed to the open source community.
Tictail was founded in Sweden in 2012 and was wholly acquired by Shopify in 2018.
- Building backend web services using several languages and frameworks (some tools we use include Ruby, UNIX commands, Go, Kafka, Python)
- Strong foundation in OO principles and fluency in at least one OO language
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we mostly use MySQL)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, or the desire to learn it quickly
- A mindset for long-term solutions
- A love of your craft and a curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience with web development (we mostly use React)
- Experience with GraphQL
- A history of contributing to the developer community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.