Bokio is now hiring a full-stack developer to join one of our product teams that will aid us in building an even better application that helps entrepreneurs succeed.
Why is this job important?
When you work at Bokio you will be able to improve the life of millions of small business owners by making our already loved product even faster and easier to use. Your work will help them to be better at one the most important, and daunting, parts of their life.
Our goal is to make accounting fun! Sounds impossible? Well, some of our users already claim we have made them enjoy accounting and we have barely scratched the surface on what we could do to help them and make Bokio more enjoyable. And this is where you come in, with your expertise you will help us launch features that truly help people and make sure that they are a true joy to use.
What will you do?
You will be working on improving what we already have, implementing new features, improving performance, use and improve our in-app server api and client... And the rest of the stuff you do as a developer in any other company. Depending on your strengths and interests there are also many specialized tasks that could fit you. Your responsibilities will also include doing code reviews (and being reviewed), writing tests and making sure the code is readable. As a full-stack developer you will work in most parts of the product, from UI to performance in the database queries.
What will you learn on this job?
This is in no way an easy job. The requirements for correctness is very high which is a challenge when we are trying to radically change things and replace human actions with software. That is also the great thing with working at Bokio. You will become a much better and quality conscious developer. You will learn how to conduct efficient code reviews, effective unit and integrations tests and even more importantly how you can embed business rules in the code in a way that it's easy to control and understand. We work with lots of data so you will learn a lot about writing blistering fast code. You will also get much better at security and learn to find security weaknesses.
Who do we think is right for this job?
- You are empathic and really care about how we affect the users.
- You have grit. When things get hard you simply try harder.
- You are analytical and like every chance to improve both yourself, the team and the product.
- You have a good feeling for which code that require extra attention to correctness and when you can prioritize speed.
- You know C# or Java.
- You know React.
- You have worked with Single page applications before.
- Bonus: You are great at algorithms.
- Bonus: You know accounting
- Bonus: You have had your own company or any other experience relevant to what we are doing.
- Bonus: You understand how to measure and improve performance in an SPA.
- You get to enjoy the company of skilled and kind people from around the world.
- Flexible working hours and freedom to work from home much of the time.
- Skilled colleagues, we only hire people that pass our tests.
- Great possibilities to improve your skills as a developer through tough and interesting challenges plus the possibility to take courses as part of your work.
- An awesome office in central Gothenburg.
In the main project we are using:
- ASP.NET MVC
- Entity Framework Core
- React Testing Library
Are you the one we are looking for? Or, do you know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!