We are looking for a Tech Lead to join our Tech Department. You will be part of an autonomous cross-functional team and together we will enable merchants from all around the world to take payments and grow their businesses.
We're dedicated to deliver a product that our users can depend on and love to use. There are always new features to be developed, new technologies to try out and new problems to tackle. We're constantly revisiting previous solutions to improve what we already have and learn from past mistakes and pick up new things along the way.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Grow an inspiring, inclusive and collaborative environment working closely with Tech Managers, Product Managers, Tech Leads, Designers and Agile Team Coaches to plan new initiatives, managing technical and non-technical risks.
- Establish a shared team Technical vision which is aligned with Product roadmap and results in big outcomes with our customers.
- Drives architectural discussions and ensure that the system architecture satisfies the needs of all the stakeholders and key system quality attributes. Continuously communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders in easily-understandable way.
- Guide the team to continually improve the software development process to speed up feedback and improve quality. Help the team to manage dependencies and minimize technical dept.
- Grow fellow team members by mentoring, cultivate continuous learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team.
- Actively contribute and demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices by writing clean, well-tested code. Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback if needed.
- Be involved in recruitment and help Tech Manager to build a strong and healthy team.
To succeed in the role, we believe you will bring:
- The perspective of the Backend, Web, Android and iOS parts in a solution, without necessarily having the expertise in more than one of these.
- Experience with modern engineering practices like clean code, TDD, refactoring, CI, CD.
- A strong understanding of and experience with microservices.
- Previous experience architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud based environment.
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Be a role model for the iZettle values and have a strong contact network within the organization.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 700 employees of 50 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention
Go on, hit apply and say hello!